Council of Europe Secretary General Thorbjørn Jagland’s statement regarding the death of journalist Rasim Aliyev does not correspond to the essence of the criminal case and serves for its politicization. The statement also falls short to specify correctly the journalistic activity of the deceased Rasim Aliyev. It is regretful that politicizing every criminal case occurring in Azerbaijan has become a custom by some circles.
The necessary operative and investigation measures are being undertaken by the law enforcement agencies to investigate fully the criminal case on the death of Rasim Aliyev. Persons found guilty of the crime by the decision of the court will face the punishment.
Protection of rights and interests of citizens, ensuring the rule of law, fundamental rights and freedoms, including freedom of the media are the supreme goal and one of the key priorities of the Government of Azerbaijan.
There is an intense dialogue between the government agencies and civil society in Azerbaijan and it is clearly reflected in the discussion of all important issues, including the human rights. As representatives of theCouncil of Europe attend the meetings featuring such dialogue, it is surprising that the Secretary General of the Council of Europe remains unaware of it.
We call on the Council of Europe and other institutions to refrain from the attempts to politicize the tragedy resulting in Rasim Aliyev’s death and the criminal case filed on this fact.
- Diplomatic service
- Structure of the Ministry
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Deputy Ministers
- Diplomatic Missions of the Republic of Azerbaijan abroad
- Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nakhchivan
- ADA University
- Board of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of AR
- Ministers of Foreign Affairs of AR
- Diplomat’s Day
- Working hours of the Ministry
- Foreign policy
- Consular service and visa
- Press service
- Address of Ministry
- Reception for the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan by the Officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Reception of appeals and documents
- Contacts of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Contacts of the Council of Appeal of Ministry of Foreign Affairs