Regulations on the temporary entry, carry and use of the service arms on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan by the security service employees of the foreign states
The permission (license) to enter the service arms and the special protection means by the security service employees of the foreign states to the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan is issued by the Special State Protection Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan via State Protocol Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan in accordance with these Regulations.
1. The Foreign Ministries of the foreign countries should send an official note (embassy, international organizations) to the State Protocol department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan three days in advance (except for Saturday, Sunday and official holidays of the Republic of Azerbaijan) and indicate the following information:
-name and surname of the security employee;
-passport number, the date and place of issuance of the passport of the security employee, and the blood type;
-quantity, serial number, type and caliber of the arm;
-quantity of the projectile and store;
-types and quantity of the communication means, used and other radio frequencies;
-number, quantity and type of the special protection means;
-the detailed information about the arrival and the departure
2. The appropriate permission (license) for entering and carrying the service arm and the special protection means on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan is issued for the term of visit of the person accompanied by the security employee to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
3. The service arm and the special protection means brought to the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are checked at the border check points by the Special State Protection Service and are permitted (licensed) in case of full identity with the information provided in the note.
4. The mentioned permission (license) is returned back at the border check point to the Special State Protection Service upon the departure of the protected person.
5. The advance working group members are not permitted to bring and carry the arms on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
6. Security service employees of the foreign countries, permitted to bring and carry the service arms and the special protection means on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan, can use manual power, special means and firearms on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan in accordance with the law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “on Police” as follows:
-in case of any attack or other form of violence by the firearm causing a real threat to human life and safety;
-in case of a riot and mass disorder involving a firearm;
-in case of release of the hostages or of the seized buildings, constructions, installations, sites and the transportation means by use of the firearm;
-when countering the attack of a group to the houses, enterprises, offices and organizations by use of the firearm;
-in case of an attempt to human life and when forced deterrence is useless;
-in case of an armed resistance while being detained;
-in case of preventing a crime causing a real threat for the human life;
-in case of prevention of the other person from getting the firearm;
-in case of an animal attack or a real threat
In case of an alert, or an emergency signal, the firearm can be used.
Before using the firearm, the verbal warning should be made or warning shot should be fired (in the event of a sudden or unexpected attack, and also if firearm, mechanical transportation means, predatory, wild or other animals are used in the attack, the firearm can be used without warning).
Except for the cases of an attack by use of the firearm or the armed resistance, firearm shouldn’t be used against women, under-aged, handicapped or persons with the evident physical and mental disabilities, as well as in mass gathering places where people gather and when others can be hurt.