In accordance with current bilateral intergovernmental agreements a visa-free regime is applied reciprocally to citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan and citizens of states listed below:
- citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan and of relevant countries holders of diplomatic or service (or official/special) passports.
- Holders of any kind of valid passports irrespective of it’s type, including diplomatic, service, official, special or ordinary passports entitling them to cross borders to and from foreign countries in accordance with legislations of the Republic of Azerbaijan and of a relevant foreign country.
- People who are not holders of any valid passport and travel with a valid passport holder should officially enter their photo, name, surname, patronymic into the passport of that person;
- Stateless persons who are holders of an official document issued by the authorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan or authorities of a relevant foreign country, certifying the holder's identity and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries;
- citizens of visa-free regime countries and stateless persons whose passport has been damaged, lost or stolen and they have been issued with a temporary document that enables them to cross the border ( a repatriation certificate which is valid for a short period of time) and return to a country of their permanent residence or citizenship;
Moreover, currently a visa-free regime is allowed unilaterally for citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, holders of ordinary passports for a specified period of time by following countries:
Period of stay without a visa
1. The Islamic Republic of Iran 15 days
2. The Republic of Turkey 1 month